The Lien Ying Chow Legacy Fellowship is an exchange programme, which focuses on research projects in a specified area of interest, relating to a government, corporate or non-profit initiative. Each fellow is able to focus on his individual project while benefiting from the dynamic community of the host country.
The programme is highly individualized and is tailored to suit each fellow’s research topic and methodology. Fellows will identify, propose and develop on their research topic and are strongly encouraged to actively participate in the series of networking sessions and seminars, as well as guidance and coursework with their mentor.
Via the programme, fellows are able to explore and research viable solutions to a range of contemporary issues, in collaboration with subject experts in their chosen fields of interest.
Lasting approximately three months, the programme can be spread out over a course of a year to match each fellow’s objectives and availability. The research will be conducted primarily in Singapore and China.
Fellows will begin the programme with a common induction course that offers a comprehensive introduction to the host countries.
A key component of the programme is the opportunity to meet and network with current and past fellows. The Fellowship will commence and end with a gathering of fellows to facilitate the sharing of ideas and also to build the foundation for life-long, cross-border bonding, providing fellows with a wholesome learning experience.
Applicants are required to:
• Be Singapore citizens, Singapore permanent residents, or citizens of the People’s Republic of China
• Be between 35 to 50 years old
• Be outstanding in their chosen profession of work
• Have proven leadership skills exercised at board of directors or senior management level
• Demonstrate pro-active concern for a national or corporate issue or problem
• Preferably to have completed undergraduate studies
All shortlisted applicants will be invited for an interview with the Lien Ying Chow Legacy Fellowship Council.
The selection committee bases its selection on the following criteria:
• Application essay on the issue to be addressed through the proposed research project
• Proven track record in leadership positions
• Outstanding professional work experience and the potential for more challenging leadership roles in future
• Clear commitment to serve the community and society
• Passion, motivation, teamwork and communication
• Creative and innovative mindset
The Lien Ying Chow Legacy Fellowship will cover the following expenses during the programme:
• Round trip flight to host country
• Accommodation, transportation and maintenance for duration of stay, based on the cost of living in the host country
• Programme-related expenditure (e.g. tuition and mentoring fees or additional airfares beyond Singapore or China)
• Books and research-related expenditure
• Overseas health and accident insurance
Medium of Instruction
The medium of instruction is in English or Chinese